- Attaché temporaire d'enseignement et de recherche (1-year contract for half-time teaching and half-time reseach)
- Researcher in Computer Science in the Laboratoire des Sciences de l'Ingénieur, de l'Informatique et de l'Imagerie - ICube,
- Teaching assistant in the Computer Science Department of the IUT Robert Schuman
- Ph.D. of the Université de Strasbourg
LSIIT UMR 7005 CNRS - UdS Pôle API BP 10413 Bd Sébastien Brant 67412 Illkirch cedex FRANCE
Office C120 Phone : +33 (0)3 18.104.22.168 Mail : lionel.untereiner AT unistra.fr
Thesis : Representation of multiresolution meshes : an application to subdivision volumes
Volume meshes are widespread in computer graphics, scientific visualization and numerical computation. Subdivision, simplification or remeshing operations are sometimes used to speed up processing of these meshes. A solution to manage the complexity of the object and numerical processing applied to it consist in presenting this object at different scales. Nevertheless, existing models are designed for specific approaches making them limited to applications for which they were designed.
Our research work present a new model for the representation of multiresolution meshes in any dimension based on the combinatorial maps model. We first applied our model to the multiresolution subdivision volumes. In this framework, we present several refinement algorithms of an initial coarse mesh. These algorithms support hierarchies obtained by regular and adaptive subdivision. Finally, we propose two representations, opposed in term of time and space complexity, of this model.
geometric modeling ; multiresolution representations ; topological models ; combinatorial maps ; subdivision volumes
- Geometric modeling (Topological models / Combinatorial maps)
- Multiresolution extensions
- Geometry processing (based on combinatorial maps extensions)
- Multiresolution subdivision volumes
- Multiresolution progressive volume meshes
- Topological geometric modeling kernel : CGoGN