Professor in computer science at the University of Strasbourg since september 2017.
This means I am both:
- teaching at the department of mathematics and computer science of the university;
- and a researcher in the Engineering science, computer science and imaging laboratory ICube, in the IGG team.
Also associated member of Inria MOSAIC team (Lyon).
My work spans computer vision and computer graphics to computational geometry and topology and to remote sensing. With an overall goal of shape analysis and understanding, my research interests include the acquisition, reconstruction and processing of 3D shapes in motion. I have worked on shapes digitised with laser scanners as well as multi-view stereo systems or medical imagery. These shapes range from human bodies and organs to animals, trees, plants or even mechanical parts. Currently I am especially interested in trees and plants, because of their challenging geometric and topological complexities.
Keywords: digital geometry processing, segmentation, reconstruction, geometric and topological feature computation.
- PhenoCaract (CIFRE PhD scholarship from ANRT)
- ROMI (H2020 project), as a member of Inria MOSAIC team
Still active projects from my Grenoble time:
- Frédéric Baret (INRA Avignon) and Benoît de Solan (Arvalis), PhenoCaract project
- Fabrice Besnard and Téva Vernoux (CNRS/ENS Lyon), ROMI project
- Eric Casella (Forestry Commission, UK), Digitree project
- David Colliaux and Peter Hanappe (Sony CSL, Paris), ROMI project
- Jean-Sébastien Franco (Université Grenoble Alpes) and Stefanie Wuhrer (Inria Grenoble), ACHMOV project
- Christophe Godin (Inria Lyon), ROMI project
- Mélinda Boukhana (started March 2018), PhenoCaract project
And in Grenoble:
- Romain Rombourg (started October 2015), Digitree project
- Jinlong Yang (started October 2015), ACHMOV project
See my former page for more details on my research work.
- Digital geometry for 1st year master students in computer science (Spring 2018)
- Algorithms and programming for 1st year bachelor students in maths and computer science (Spring 2018)
- Data Structures and Algorithms for 2nd year bachelor students in computer science (Autumn 2017)
Lab. iCube, IGG team
300 bd Sébastien Brant
F-67412 Illkirch Cedex, France
Tel.: +33 (0) 368 854 555